Tuesday 15 December 2009

Learning Love

When once this heart lived in a darkened place
No ounce of love or trust could be traced
This journeying of souls that travels
Brings us closer to the story that unravels
As the previous chapter fades away
I speak to you of the following days
Of when this broken heart it sang
And all the bells in heaven rang
My heart fell in love with another
I took to it, like a baby to a mother
The sweetness of this love, I found
Fades away as this past in me is bound
This bitterness of the past left behind
Now it’s up to love for me to find
But no matter if this love is unrequited
Or how much this soul of mine will fight
All that matters is he’s taught me how to love
And taught me there are beauties up above
Held by our love, we started strong
But now what has happened, what went wrong
Did we slip so quickly, out of each others arms
Do we no longer hold hands, each palm to palm
Has our love disappeared, and gone forever
All amounted to my one fear, to all we endeavour
If your heart does not love, then turn me away
Then there will be nothing else I can say
However, no matter if this love is unrequited
Or how much this soul of mine will fight
All that matters is he’s taught me how to love
And taught me there are beauties up above
Is it because we have to learn
How fragile love can be
That we are being tested so equivocally
If that means I’m losing
Don’t give up when you can help me to
If we can stand the test of time
I know that you and I will be fine
But if that love is unrequited
And of how much this soul of mine will fight
I know deep down you’ve taught me how to love
And that there are beauties in me which you can love
If we are not meant to be
Then I wish peace and love for you for eternity.
By Kavita Sohanta

No comments:

Post a Comment